Get off, Bill/Bremmer's last tirade

Thu, 13 Jun 2002 04:38:12 -0500

Dear billbrpt,

At 00:22 06/13/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I have no idea what either of you are harping about...

We know... we know.

>  but if you can't stand to read what I write, then don't read it at all.

We read them for the humor.

>   I don't write "nice", short, cute little posts and put smiley faces at
> the end of them.

My. my, we _do_ take ourselves seriously, don't we?  ;-}

>   Go to the Convention and have your jollies listening to pianos in
> ET.  I am not interested.

You are quite nearsighted...

It is a shame that, while you are very big on tuning everything in HT (or
modern interpretation according to ancient rules), you avoid hearing them
in context. (what is it you said? "we tune pianos..."?)

After the concert at the CWRS, the recitalist and I were at the instruments
fielding questions.  Several people commented that hearing period music in
historical tunings on historical instruments opened their eyes to the whole
field of historic tunings.  If I may temporarily be as conceited as you, I
dare say that I influenced more tuners to try HTs with one short recital
than all your tirades.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Decorah, Ia.  mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
then used against you.