quick advice on damperlever replacement

Tvak@AOL.COM Tvak@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 22:57:32 EDT

In a message dated 6/13/02 9:45:13 PM, joegarrett@earthlink.net writes:

<< Tom et al,

Having done this numerous times, I consider replacing the entire lever

easier.  I then replace every other one, keeping in mind

where the old one was. Bend to match it's neighbors and attach the old

damper head w/orig felt. Once the new ones are on, then I take the old felt

off.   As for the jacks, I prefer to replace the entire wippen and save for a
time

when it's slow, to replace the jacks, backchecks, etc. Then the next job you

use the "rebuilt" ones.

Best Regards,

Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Thanks.  Replacing every other one seems like a good system.  Somebody else
mentioned this.  And what a good idea on the recycling of the old wippens.

Tom Sivak