spinet stickers

Robert A. Anderson fandango@dakotacom.net
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:50:05 -0700

Joe Goss wrote:
"If the felt orients the sticker off center it is very simple to
replace the
felt with key bushing cloth. Sometimes the cloth is too wide and
does not
center the sticker. Sometimes I have solved a few by using 100
proof Vodka
to size the side of the sticker that is the tightest if removing
the felt
and massaging it does not work first."

I don't follow you, Joe. The pin that snaps into the wippen is already
bushed with cloth, not felt. When you suggest key bushing felt, is it
that you want a thicker cloth than flange bushing cloth for a tighter
fit in the wippen?  The cloth is just wide enough to span the distance
between the ears of the sticker flange. I don't see what you mean by the
cloth being too wide. Do you mean that if it is too wide to fit between
the ears that it will bunch up somewhere and cause the sticker to sit
crooked in the wippen birdseye? It certainly doesn't look that way. I
don't understand how you can size one side of the sticker. If you appy
vodka (or whatever) to any part of the cloth, it will distribute over
the entire cloth and affect it uniformly. I guess I just don't get your
drift. If you have the patience, try again.

Thanks,

Bob Anderson