clothing

Diane Hofstetter dpno2nr@yahoo.com
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 23:12:09 -0700 (PDT)

 Ron,
You gave the two best reasons for being in this business, they are what keeps me going.
Diane
Ron said:
  It has been my experience through the years that the disguise serves
merely to get me past the front door defense system, and into the lair
where I have a chance to get beyond the diversionary facades and actually
communicate with the customer on a person to person level. A whole lot of
times, I have been initially met at the door by a fundamentally hostile and
mistrusting attitude, based on first sight impression, and ended up
discussing personal issues they very likely never told anyone else in their
whole lives. It's kind of scary, but it's happened a lot. When they ask
about their piano, they get more than they wanted or expected, and none of
it sounds like a sales pitch. They get the truth as I see it, whether
there's anything in it for me or not, or whether it's what they want to
hear or not. This is an entirely new experience for most of them,