Slow hammer return

Scott Jackson jurjens@tpg.com.au
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:30:24 +1000

You mean Protek CLP.
Protek makes other types of lubricant also. The stuff for centres is
CLP (cleaner, lubricant, protectant - is that a word?)

Scott Jackson

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Ilvedson" <ilvey@sbcglobal.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 25 June 2002 7:16
Subject: Re: Slow hammer return

| Protek!  Most supply house have it.  It works most of the time.
|
| David I.

hammer return, which I think was caused by a floor humidifier.  I
heated the hammer butt centers with a hair dryer, which freed up the
hammers for about 1 hour. The questions is what do you think is the
most reliable way to free up sluggish hammers without replacing center
pins or parts?  Should I use silicone and naptha, alcohol and methanol
or install a Dammp-Chaser heater bar with a humidistat?