Pitch Raise Questions

Greg Torres Tunapiana440@cox.net
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 02:31:56 -0500

I have to say here that anything 5 cents or more in my book is =
considered a pitch raise, especially when it comes to smaller verticals =
and lesser quality instruments...

Best,
Greg Torres
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Wimblees@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, June 24, 2002 11:16 PM
  Subject: Re: Pitch Raise Questions

  In a message dated 6/24/02 10:28:28 PM Central Daylight Time, =
euphoniac@juno.com writes:=20

    I am currently a Randy Potter student with some questions about =
pitch=20
    raising.  When I measure the pitch of A4 with my SAT III, how low =
(in=20
    cents) should it be for me to need to perform a pitch raise?  Also, =
when=20
    performing a pitch raise, is it better to raise only the single =
strings=20
    all the way up, or should I raise all of the strings of each note as =
I=20
    go?=20

    Thanks,=20

    Don Palmire=20

  Anything over 25 cents low, measured at A 440, should be considered a =
pitch raise. Off set the SATIII 25% higher that the pitch was low. (If =
the pitch was 40 cents low, off set the SAY by 10 cent sharp. The do =
your normal FAC, (or use a preset temperament, and tune the whole piano, =
like you do a normal tuning. Then turn off the machine, and do a normal =
tuning. On the pitch rise, you don't have to get picky with the unison. =
But the close you can get with the pitch raise, the less time it will =
take to do the tuning.=20

  Wim=20