Moore Temperament

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 07:30:32 EDT

Clair writes:
>I have been thinking about what to do with what I heard, and have
> decided that on all pianos in my shop I will use the Moore (I
> specialize in old uprights). Then I will be able to keep using it
> after I've sold the pianos, since that is the tuning that was on the
> piano when my customer chose it.

   What a great idea.  You may want to also try a Broadwood's best or even a
Young. They all have their own sounds and are not too dissimilar.  Don't be
surprised if you gain a reputation for having some of the best sounding
pianos in your market.

>Unfortunately I'm not young, so I won't make much progress toward
> populating the world with Moore, but it's a little bit.

    Don't sell yourself short,  we are only old when we stop learning.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT