Tight wippen centers

Mark Wisner mwissner@earthlink.net
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 05:10:24 -0800

It's the alcohol and water that does the work.  The soap is added to help
break the surface tension of the water to permit easier absorption into the
bushing felt (a surfactant).  The original recipe stated grated Ivory soap,
presumably because Ivory bar soap is more pure than others.

Mark Wisner
mwissner@earthlink.net