Tight wippen centers

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 1 Apr 2003 18:11:17 EST

cedel@supernet.com writes:

> I try the easy thing first, since it is inexpensive, and my experience has
> been that more often than not it does the job.  If one informs the customer
> that you are trying to save them money and more extensive work may still be
> necessary, you can still charge them if you have to go "whole hog."
>
> Think of a business which advertises, "We do it right the first time."  In
> general I feel good about businesses like that, but then I realized that to
> make that promise they may end up doing three or four procedures, just to
> be sure to solve the problem, when only one was really needed.  And of
> course, you pay for all that extra work.  I guess it comes down to knowing
> your clientele and being up front with them.
>
> Regards,
> Clyde

Clyde

If you think a customer will remember you told them the piano might need more
work later on, I guess you must have a very understanding clientele. It's
been my experience that if a piano doesn't work after it's been "repaired,"
it's your fault, no matter how much you explained to them that problems might
arise in the future.

But why do it "half assed" in the first place? Yes, a center can be loosed by
lubricating it. But my experience tells me that wippen flanges, especially,
don't like to be lubricated.

Wim