Twisted key

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 01 Apr 2003 23:30:53 -0500

--=====================_26595234==.ALT
Bob,
         We did address this a while back. Your Journal this month has some
of the copied postings. In my experience a diagonally cut kerf will do
wonders for you. Experiment on a scrap piece of wood if your not sure which
direction to cut the kerf.

Greg Newell

At 09:55 PM 4/1/2003, you wrote:

>List,
>
>I tuned a Baldwin Hamilton today that has a twisted or warped white
>key.  It can't be leveled with the others or squared.  The front of the
>key is twisted compared to the back.  When you set it on a flat surface
>you can really see the twist - the front left corner of the  key is up in
>the air about 1/8".  I know sometimes you can force a wedge into a kerf
>cut into a key that is bent or warped, but it doesn't seem like that would
>work on this twisted key.  I would appreciate your suggestions.
>
>Bob
>

>Do you Yahoo!?
><http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/mailsig/*http://tax.yahoo.com>Yahoo! Tax
>Center - File online, calculators, forms, and more
>---

Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...