Tight wippen centers

Wed, 02 Apr 2003 09:11:51 +0200

Clyde Hollinger wrote:

> Wim and Ric,
>
> I disagree.  How can you get burned if you give the customer the full
> story up front?
>
> I try the easy thing first, since it is inexpensive, and my experience
> has been that more often than not it does the job.  If one informs the
> customer that you are trying to save them money and more extensive
> work may still be necessary, you can still charge them if you have to
> go "whole hog."

Hmm..... Well Clyde, its just been my experience that anything short of
repinning doesnt work well enough to warrant doing anything else. I
suppose experience may differ, and our assesments of what constitutes
satisfactory results may also. I just found that too often I got that
angry customer calling me saying that my short cut didnt work, and
expected me to come back put it right for no extra charge. I guess I
just bypass this kind of thing by not getting involved with any
proceedure experience has taught me has a good chance of backfiring.

> Think of a business which advertises, "We do it right the first
> time."  In general I feel good about businesses like that, but then I
> realized that to make that promise they may end up doing three or four
> procedures, just to be sure to solve the problem, when only one was
> really needed.  And of course, you pay for all that extra work.  I
> guess it comes down to knowing your clientele and being up front with
> them.

I see your point of course. On the other hand, repinning and doing a
good job of it allows me to get sufficiently into the action to take
care of a bunch of stuff at the same time. When I resell a repinning
job, I am actually selling an action overhaul. While one can discuss the
"necessity"  per se of this in each instance, I dont think the
benificial aspect can be doubted.

Still, in anycase..... you are big time right about being up front with
people. It pays to be as clear and honest about what you intend to do.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne