"Greasy New Chain Hoists' Stuff": special to Ron Nossaman

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 17:48:34 -0700

Gordon, you twit,,,, You let the hydrocarbons "evaporate" into the =
atmosphere?  I thought that you cared for the environment. Obviously =
you're a hypocrite. It would have been better if you would have torched =
the cardboard, if you're going to do it that way.
    Ever notice those little "booties" on the gas fill handles?  They're =
there for a purpose!
Kevin.  =20

So sue me, you twit.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: gordon stelter=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 4:07 PM
  Subject: "Greasy New Chain Hoists' Stuff": special to Ron Nossaman

  Hi,Ron,
      I appreciate your environmental sensitivity, and
  the car wash might be a better idea. But I only needed
  2 gallons of mineral spirits to cover the hoist,
  turning it, which I later used for auto parts cleaning
  until it was diminished in quantity and really nasty.
  Then I poured it, as I do with all contaminated
  solvents, onto several layers of gigantic pieces of
  cardboard, with a tarp underneath ( cardboard from
  furniture stores-couch boxes and such ) out back in
  the sunshine, which allows the solvent to evaporate.
      There is much we do in this business which is
  environmentally  "suspect", but I feel that it is far
  better that solvents evaporate, as opposed to
  landfilling, in which case they can cause much worse
  mischief in the form of groundwater coinatmination.
       Cheers,
       Thump
  P.S.: I think that the BEST way to clean a new chain
  hoist, actually, would be to blast it with a couple of
  cans of brake parts cleaner. (wearing a mask!)