S&S voicing

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:30:27 -0500

List members
I tuned a S&S M  Ser # 260740, that the owner wanted voiced so the sound was
not so "hard."  After some conversation, it was determined that he wanted
its tone to be darker for accompaning vocalists.  It is a bright piano, has
original S&S hammers that have been shaped recently.  Action is regulated
and plays well.  I am looking for an efficient way to darken the tone-voice
down the sound.  How does one go about this with these hammers?

Thanks for your replies.

Paul C