The market place

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:59:43 -0500

Robin:

You certainly told THEM!  Those upstarts who think they have figured
out piano improvements that the leading brand hasn't adopted yet. You
said:

"The measure of success in such a case will be the persistence and
profitability of the product in the market not merely sarcastic,
derogatory commentary on the deficiencies of other, similar,
products, although, as we all know, this may facilitate sales to
those who will only later become aware of technical considerations."

Ron O. is only building his piano # 6 so he must be near the bottom
of the heap in piano quality.  After all if one builds a better
mousetrap.........

I suppose that on the basis of letting the market decide true quality
I'll have to recommend to the piano faculty that our next concert
grand not be a brand S or Y or K but a Pearl River!

Or, maybe your post sent at 5:27AM was just the result of being 1 cup
of coffee shy of a happy start on the day!

dave
David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts