Please help a church choose a grand piano

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 20:30:27 -0400

My son's piano teacher bought a 1983 grey market Yamaha G5 (6' 7") about a year ago. It is in excellent condition. It plays, sounds and looks fabulous. She LOVES it. She paid $7,500 for it. (Of course, I think she got a killer deal.)

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "KENNETH FINLAYSON" <kennyfin@jetstream.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 11:20 AM
Subject: Please help a church choose a grand piano

Hi Gordon!

Do you know the keyslip was once called the 'thumper board', on the old tracker-action organ?

I've been hanging around the church fro 25 years as assisstant to the assisstant organist. The best value seems to be a used Yamaha, or Kawai. I see them often enough at 10 - 12 G's. A used Yamaha rarely gives trouble, it's cheaper, and you won't have to worry about it getting bashed up.

Kenny Finlayson, RPT