Fwd: Plastic and Acetone

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 17:17:44 EDT

--part1_111.22fe0baa.2bdef478_alt_boundary
In addition to the information we got from Dorie, here is an answer I got
from one of the links David Skolnik gave me. It is the basically the same
info Dorie gave, so there is nothing new. But it is nice to know people
answer your questions.

Wim

In a message dated 4/28/03 9:15:25 AM Central Daylight Time,
C.McMillan@LabSafety.com writes:

> Dear William Blees RPT, PTG,
>

> Thank you for contacting Lab Safety Supply's Technical Services Department.
>

> Regarding your inquiry on acetone and your plastic bottle, some plastics
> are compatible with acetone. For instance, low and high density
> polyethylene or polypropylene are not compatible, yet fluorinated ethylene
> propylene and polymethylpentene will hold up very well. It is the makeup of
> the plastic that determines if it will hold up. There are many Teflon
> coated bottle also which hold up excellently.
>

> If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me via e-mail or
> at 1-800-356-2501 ext.4823 . Once again, thank you for your inquiry and we
> look forward to serving you in the future.
>

> Carl McMillan
>
>  Technical Services
>
>  Lab Safety Supply
>
>  www.labsafety.com

--part1_111.22fe0baa.2bdef478_alt_boundary
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--part1_111.22fe0baa.2bdef478_alt_boundary--

An embedded message was scrubbed...