Refinishing - Stripping & Stain Uneveness

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:35:46 -0400

Gordon,
         As I understand it the Stain is more color fast as it is more like=
=20
paint. Thicker and heavier than die and less likely to penetrate into the=20
wood pores that die. Die can easily be bleached by the sun's rays etc.
         You use the term "water-soluble aniline dyes" which is a bit=20
contradictory in my understanding. Analine die's are not water based as far=
=20
as I know and water based dies are not analine. Analine is a poison that I=
=20
believe is actually no longer used even in products calling themselves=20
analine dies.
         Where do you get this filler of which you speak and is it water=
 based?

Greg