Dope needs dope dope

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:08:20 -0700

I'm with David on this one. I only use keytop on the crown when I'm =
trying to add a little billiance to the tone. On a job like this, I'd go =
the Lacquer-Acetone route, and I wouldn't be afraid to use a bunch of =
it, because it can be undone if necessary.
Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Love=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2003 2:33 PM
  Subject: RE: Dope needs dope dope

  I think it's important to know the type of hammer .  Some hammers just
  shouldn't be hardened with chemicals, or it should be done very
  judiciously.  How do you think you might have messed them up with the =
set
  up?  Either way, I don't like keytop as a hardener, especially for =
firm up
  the underlying structure.  I prefer lacquer, the strength will depend =
on
  the hammer. =20

  David Love
  davidlovepianos@earthlink.net