Yamaha upright jack(or some such) noises

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 6 Dec 2003 11:11:04 EST

In a message dated 12/6/03 4:01:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
jonpage@comcast.net writes:

> Try applying graphite on the butt skin and also on the capstan
> screw
> surface that is rubbing against the whippen heel cloth if >the parts
> are not worn off yet.  Ruth Lee
>
> I thought by now that everyone was aware of the inferiority of graphite
> for this application. The best lubricant to use on the butt leather and
> knuckles is Teflon powder. McLube 444 on capstan surfaces, I even go so
> far as to mix Teflon Powder and 444 or a CLP and apply to the wippen
> cushion with a brush.
>
> Regards from a Graphite

Ruth, Jon, Joe,

I have been using teflon for some time for all metal or wood interfaces with
buckskin or felt.  I've never used grafight....:-)  That said, the noise I'm
hearing really doesn't seem to be coming from there.  I will check it out,
however.  I'll be delighted if that turns out to be what it is!

Thanks for the input,

Dave Stahl