interesting wood article

Tue, 09 Dec 2003 20:16:50 +0100

Always interesting when some of this stuff comes up.  Dense wood, and initial MC
play a role in the end velocity of sound through the wood, if we are too believe
some research. A study in Finland at the Tampere University of Technology also
couples opened so-called "ring" pores that come with age with an increase in
sound velocity conduction.

Who knows, but it seems obvious (to me anyways) that there a good deal
unanswered questions about the acoustics of wood.

Cheers
RicB