Stupid Flange Tricks

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 09:19:39 -0700

Mr. Barnard,
   Although he's not with the company anymore, you can reach him at
915-727-4138. His name is Salvador Ortiz, and he was with the company for
29 years. He didn't design the part you're whining about, but he was in
charge of manufacturing. He's a real nice fellow, and has several great
stories about the company that built more American pianos than all the rest
for many years, and provided a livelihood for a lot of musicians, teachers,
technicians, and vendors.
Go ahead.... give him a call. I think you may find that he is neither
spineless or dung-brained. Inconsiderate? No.... never. Pin-headed? Not at
all. Short-sighted? Well.... he wasn't the owner, so his sight was
sometimes .... constrained.... not necessarily short. Cost-cutting and
pencil-pushing? You bet. That's how it works, you know. Just try to build
something without cutting a few costs and pushing a few pencils.

Regards,
Guy Nichols, RPT
Ft. Stinkin' Desert Chapter 799