It's a Puzzlement!

Wed, 10 Dec 2003 20:18:10 +0100

I'm not quite sure what you are saying... by "Most of the U/D weights are in the
16 to 20 difference. However, there are 24 notes that are
just way out of spec."  but if you are saying that DW minus UW is in the 16 to
20 gram range except for these 24 notes... then I think it be easier to help if
you could put the numbers in terms of BW and Friction.

If Balance Weight varies radically, then that points to inconsistancies in ratio
related issues. You could be looking at some knuckle allignment problem... not
uncommon when a bolstering job is done... and not uncommon otherwise.... Maybe
the capstan line is a bit uneven as well... you know the sort of thing. At the
stage you are with this job, I like to rule out ratio related problems before
attacking friction stuff any further.

Cheers
RicB