I now pronounce you Knabe Mingonette (Plastic parts replacement)

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:05:28 -0500

-----Original Message-----
 gordon stelter
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 6:21 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: I now pronounce you Knabe Mingonette (Plastic parts
replacement)

A lot of Aeolian-American pianos from the late 40's
and into the 50's used this obnoxious,
"Proto-Plastic". Too bad, too, as the pianos
themselves are excellent instruments. IMHO
     Yes, replacement wooden parts can be had from
your normal suppliers, of the correct dimensions.
    I would, though, like some advice on
preserving/treating the solid aluminum action rails
that some of these pianos have, for longevity and
serviceability.
     Anyone???
     Thump

	My Dear Fellow,

	 Why would you feel the need to preserve aluminum? To my
experience longevity and serviceability are inherent in the material.
	Is the powdery white stuff I've seen on its surface
carcinogenic- hallucinogenic-and Bio-chemically resistant to the
autoclaving process?
	Curious mind seeking knowledge.
	Tom Driscoll