pedal lyre screws are obsolete

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:27:48 -0800

I don't think this will work.  You will need to get a right angle drill =
attachment to fit between the pinblock and the keybed.  I've done this =
before and I had to get a forsner bit and cut the shank off to a nub, =
and it was still tight.

Mike Bratch

Mike obviously you haven't read the article on how to modify a spade bit.
The alignment hole is drilled through the key bed. Then the modified spade
bit is inserted from above and then you attach the drill. This makes a nice
countersink for the "T" nut(s). However, I don't like to do this procedure
unless as a last resort. I prefer to plug the existing "stripped" holes with
3/4" pinblock plugs, that have been center bored to accept the proper
screws. Much faster and solid as a rock! My offer for screws is still
available if she needs them and can't find a source.
Oh, I'd be glad to scan the spade bit, (modified), if any are interested.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I