pedal lyre screws are obsolete

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:56:20 -0800

You don't need to recess much for the t-nut as it will pull into=
 the keybed when synched up with nut.  I just scrape some keybed=
 material away with a knife or whatever and have no problems. =
 This is a great way to take care of the stripped screws in=
 pedals.  If you carry these things in your vehicle, i.e.=
 different length bolts, drill/bits,  you can do the job in 15 to=
 30 minutes.

David Ilvedson

From: Mike Bratcher <MBratPianos@indy.rr.com>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: pedal lyre screws are obsolete

"...Next, drill out the holes where the screws were, also get a=
 spade drill bit the size of the outside diameter of the "T"=
 nuts, and make a cutting edge on the opposite side of the bit=
 from the edge. That way you can use it to
countersink the place to put the "T" nut in the key bed and be=
 out of the
way of the keyframe...."

I don't think this will work.  You will need to get a right angle=
 drill attachment to fit between the pinblock and the keybed. =
 I've done this before and I had to get a forsner bit and cut the=
 shank off to a nub, and it was still tight.

Mike Bratcher