"Self tuning piano"

Robin Stevens mmrr6596@bigpond.net.au
Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:46:13 +1030 (Cen. Australia Daylight Time)

Hi Don.=0D
Thanks a lot for getting back to me. I have followed your invention ever
since I noticed the article some where or another.=0D
I am a self employed tuner in South Australia, and have been been in the
trade for 45 years. I have always remained open to new advances and
techniques.=0D
=0D
Apart from my tuning and restoration commitments I am the editor of our
Guilds small newsletter (I post out 28 copies). So if you don't mind, cou=
ld
I print what you sent me? or would you like something different?=0D
=0D
This coming year I am the convener of the Australasian bi-annual National
convention. =0D
=0D
Do you do presentations at conventions about your invention?. It would be
great if somehow we could get you over (or should I say down under!) for =
our
convention.=0D
=0D
Most of the tuners like myself are very interested in what you are trying=
accomplish, and feel it is no threat what so ever.=0D
 =0D
Some of the questions that come to mind for me are:=0D
Will you be aiming to get your product into one brand only?=0D
Will the piano be at A440, given the fact that a cooling or heating proce=
ss
is needed to put the piano in tune?=0D
What tuning configuration will you apply so that the piano is nicely in
tune? =0D
I use the cyber-tuner program and are aware that good sampling of the
partials is essential to get it right.=0D
=0D
I could ask some more questions, but hopefully I can keep in touch, and u=
to date with your progress.=0D
=0D
Best regards=0D
Robin Stevens=0D
=0D
PS the weather her now is 37 degrees C (100.4)  4.42 PM. Just going to cr=
ack
a cold beer!! Best xmas wishes for you and your family.=0D
=0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D