dowel top caps

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:49:36 -0500

Keith,

OK, I think I'm understanding you now.

It seems to me that if an item is called a pedal prop bushing (page 131),
its intended use would be related to the pedal prop, illustrated on the
same page.  I think the most likely scenario is between the pedal prop head
and the pedal hole.

So using it on top of the wooden dowel would not be its intended purpose,
but as far as I'm concerned, it doesn't have to be.  We technicians can be
pretty clever in finding uses for parts in ways that were never intended.

I guess I can't expect the woman who takes orders for Schaff to understand
how parts are used and/or could be substituted for other purposes.  In any
case, I appreciate your input, and I intend to order some of these parts
for use with the sustain dowel rod.  And, they might come in handy with the
pedal prop, too!  <G>

Christmas regards,
Clyde