soft pins

KENNETH FINLAYSON kennyfin@jetstream.net
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:13:08 -0700

Hi John!=20

Remember to eat your vitamin C.

The pins felt loose. That's why. Not holding its tune was of course the =
reason why it was donated. I know it is something simple. Let me see. =
How do you glue a pinblock to a frame? Oh yes.=20

What's wrong with this? The two octaves causing trouble, put in #4's, =
and see what happens.

Right, John. Why did I do it in the first place? I thought I knew better =
than everyone else.=20

I also worked for the dealer that brought out the first Pacific Rim =
pianos, this side of the Rockies. Some of that stuff was absolutely =
terrible. Yet the pinblocks were always good!  I wish I had a torque =
guage and I could tell everyone the foot pounds. All I know is what I =
feel.

Meanwhile, the Church is somewhat irate, wondering why the greatest =
piano technician in all the world sold them on a cheap bill of goods, =
now it doesn't work, and nobody knows why.

Kenny