Removing bridge caps

Fri, 25 Jul 2003 14:13:44 -0700

Michael:

Thanks for the site.  Actually, my favorite tool for doing the final
leveling and squaring on the bridge root prior to recapping or on bridge
caps themselves has been a Lie-Nielsen scraping plane.  It's a substantial
tool ($$$), but beautifully made with a blade that adjusts to different
angles.  I find it easier to control than a plane.  You have to make other
arrangements at the top of the treble bridge due to the position of the
blade, but it works very well.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.asp?page=46873&category=1,41182&ccurrency