Price of Ivory

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 21:37:25 -0700

Wim said: "The charge for the ivory twice what you paid for it..". I can
live with that.<G> ",plus a few bucks to put them on." This I can't live
with!
To properly Replace an Ivory head/tail, it takes appoximately 1 hour to do
the job right, IMO. So....., you should charge a retail price for the Ivory
Head or Tail, Plus one hour of your "Shop Rate". If you are simply regluing
a "recent" ivory "fall off", then, at least 1/2 hour would be required. (And
no charge for the Ivory.
BTW, PLEASE!??? no CA glue for this job!??? You haven't lived until you've
tried to undo the mess it makes! :-(
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

P.S.
These kinds of questions can best be answered by purchasing the "RLG" or
Newton's Man Hours Guide. Don't leave home without it![G]