Steinway heavy touch

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:52:57 +0200

"David M. Porritt" wrote:

> I always warn people who want heavy that there is the risk of injury.

You have some medical data to support this claim ?? I would love to read
this. Jimmeneess ... in America somebody could sue a piano manufacturer
for everything they are worth and then some if they could make this case
stick. :)

> I have a customer who is a concert pianist who wanted me to add
> weight to the hammers on her "B" because it was too light.  Actually
> it was too light.  Now she likes it but it has a 56-gram DW and
> 42-gram UW!!!!

?????

And how is this accomplished ? Thats one heck of a lot of upweight.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.