price-shoppers!

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 09:02:53 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/03 9:20:21 PM Central Daylight Time,
pianolover88@hotmail.com writes:

> Fortunately, I book a fair percentage of my first time calls, but does
> anyone on the list have a favorite, effective way to handle these calls? I
> know we can't book EVERY call, but that's what I'm striving for! What I
> DON'T want to do is get caught up in a "price war" with other tuners

There are two ways to look at this. One, a customer might just be asking for
the price to see if she can afford to have you out. If you tell them what you
charge, and they say "when can you come," then that was all they wanted to
know.

But if they are price shopping, you don't want them any way. These are the
people who want the lowest price, but demand the highest quality, or have the
worst pianos. Do you really want to deal with these customers?

Don't lower your price just to get the customer. Raise your standards and
your price, and customer will respect your service.

Wim