puzzler - not

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 09:02:42 +0200

Sounds a bit like the opposite was the problem... the plunger was a tad too
loose.  If I remember correctly both Piano Disk and Diskklavier moved to so
called lubricant free solenoids some years back, so you arent supposed to use
anything on them. The old Piano Disks had lots of clicking plungers and the cure
was normally to just replace them. Course you could get away with changing
plungers a bit on those 12 15 years ago... production quality control wasnt so
hot :)

Bending the knob as it were puts side pressure on the plunger alright... and in
the end maybe cause more wear and tear ?? sort of like turning the front rail pin
in a worn bushing ?  Probably need to replace the noid sooner or later anyways.

Been some years now since I did any work on these things so maybe somebody else
has got some better advice.

RicB