Grey Market Pianos/Dealers

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 17:05:49 EST

In a message dated 03/02/2003 3:14:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
JStan40@aol.com writes:
> While it might be true that a manufacture will slightly alter specifications
> for different regions of the world, there is no such thing as a piano that
> is design to work for an entire geographic region in terms of climate; the
> US for example has almost every extreme possible. Besides, these pianos are
> located in homes that are in very similar climate controlled environments.
Hi list,
  I agree with this totally,and cannot understand how these pianos can just
fall apart, as I read about on this list,unless it's outside on a porch.I
service many of these instruments,and have yet to see any problems.I'm not
disputing these claims,but am just trying to educate myself as to,be fair to
my customer when questions come up concerning these instruments.
Best,
Hazen Bannister