what's with the new temperaments?(x post)

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:16:15 EST

<< So.. On his Yamaha C6, I will keep my cleanest ET, and on his Young Chang
of
similar size I will put what you, Ron K, and Bill Bailey aggree upon that I
should. And I will report his responses faithfully. >>

(We know him as Paul Bailey)
and rather than look for consensus,(we are all square pegs aint we?)
  I would suggest the following offsets from your best ET, with no forced
stretching, since I don't think non-ET tunings need it :
C  +5
C# +1
D  +3
D# +3
E  -2
F  +5
F# 0
G  +5
G# +2
A 0
A# +4
B -1

   No need to identify it, that would open the possibilty of it influencing
you or them, (keep it as blind as possible,no?)
   And  how about putting it on the "brightest" piano, so that you can see
for yourself that a non-ET like this makes the piano seem less
brassy.......???? (Another side effect of WT I have observed that you could
possibly form an opinion of!)
Good luck, I think you and the professor will profit from this!

Ed Foote RPT