what's with the new temperaments?

Vanderhoofven dkvander@joplin.com
Wed, 05 Mar 2003 09:48:27 -0600

At 02:01 AM 3/4/03, Richard Moody wrote:
>And you say they chose the Broadwood.  Isn't that ET?

Respectfully, The Broadwood Best or the Broadwood usual are not Equal
Temperament, they are mild well temperaments.  However, I could say that
you could substitute the Broadwood Best in place of Equal Temperament and
most pianist would not hear any difference.

I commend you for your research into temperaments and would love to have a
copy of the Broadwood article from 1811.

Sincerely,
David A. Vanderhoofven