Tunelab & ETD's in General was Accutuner and Pocket RCT

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 21:23:26 EST

In a message dated 03/05/2003 12:42:20 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tune4u@earthlink.net writes:
> I just meant things like being able to measure the inharmonicity jump at the
> bass/tenor break of a many small pianos, etc.

Hi list,
 One thing I have learned about tuning the break with a
machine(accutuner),when it is a bad scale,the machine will often (I said
often),end up with a better tuning,or as good as it can be,than aural tuning
alone.I would often disagree at first with one or two notes aurally,only to
evils.The machine hears differently,and calculates differently than we do.I
guess it's like playing chess 10 moves ahead,instead of one or two.
Best,
Hazen Bannister