what's with the new temperaments?(x post)

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 00:11:31 -0600

> Students / Staff
>
> We are evaluating these two instruments.  Please participate in
this
> evaluation.  Play both of these instruments, list any
differences you can
> feel and/or hear, (touch, tone, musicality, dynamic range) and
place your
> very much for your input.
>

> What do you think?  You willing to give it a try?  We can settle
on a
> temperament, or just wing it yourself! (stick with a mild one,
please)

> Ron Koval

Why not ask if they can tell which piano has the "different
temperament"?
Which begs the question, "Should students be able to evaluate how
close the tuning comes to ET?   Actually they should first be
taught what is considered "clean" unisons and octaves.....  How
many undergrad piano major can even do this?     ---rm