Putting bass strings back on

Brian Trout brian_trout@hotmail.com
Fri, 07 Mar 2003 21:32:11 -0600

Hi Steve,

Just a thought...

A good way to remember which way to turn the bass string...
Find the end of the wire (the wrap, that is).  It's not usually that
difficult to find, especially on the larger bass strings.  Imagine that end
having an arrow with the tip of the arrow being the tip of the wire.  Turn
in the direction that the arrow (wire tip) is pointed.

As one or two other posts mentioned, how much to twist (or whether to twist
at all is open to much discussion and may have something to do with how they
were originally made.  Some manufacturers recommend twisting, some do not.
(If I recall correctly, Mr. Sanderson makes bass strings that really don't
need much of a twist at all.)

Just a thought or two.

Best of luck,

Brian T.