what's with the new temperaments?(x post)

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 22:29:53 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Koval <drwoodwind@hotmail.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2003 10:06 AM
Subject: what's with the new temperaments?(x post)

>  And as to
> whether pianists notice out-of-tune instruments, it's a sad
truth that >many
> have trained themselves NOT to hear, because of the state of the
>instruments
> they practice on.....
>

> Ron Koval

But suppose they had "been trained"  to hear out of tuneness.  Is
this only takes  a 1.5 hour seminar as far as unisons and octaves
are concerned.  Or a 20 minute video even.   That this can't be
given to high school students or freshman music majors will always
make me wonder.  Until then how do you expect them to appreciate
that magic of music we call "temperament" ?
---rm.