Judge-and-jury

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 22:46:02 EST

In a message dated 3/14/03 10:40:01 PM !!!First Boot!!!, cedel@supernet.com
writes:

> The last thing I would want is to be perceived as thinking I'm better.
> If someone had a complaint about my work, I would want to know!
> Thoughts?
>
> Regards,
> Clyde

Clyde

In my Psychological Troubleshooting class I talk about the customer letting
you know if you made a mistake. For me, those customers are my best friends.
If they didn't tell me I made a mistake, I would never know.

But to have another technician tell me I made a mistake, that might be a
different story. I think people like you and me probably would want to now if
we are making a mistake. And I think the techs that do want to know, are the
same ones who are in the PTG, and know the value of being educated.

Unfortunately, I think most people do not like to be corrected. They will
become defensive.

So I think it would be a judgment call. It might be worth calling the person
up, especially if you don't know him/her, and do like Joe did with Randy. If
you know the person, you might want to wait until you see him/her,and discuss
the problem in general terms first before complaining about the specific
repair problem.

Wim