HT tests

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 09:28:41 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: PTG <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2003 3:57 PM
Subject: HT tests

> Ed, Ron K, and other interested
>
> I just put this Ellis #4 Broadwood best on one of the main
practice
> grands today. >
> Cheers
> RicB

Sometimes there are discrepancies between original cents and
modern "adjustments".   I am curious to know which source you used
for Ellis#4, if from Helmholtz, then which Ellis#4.  Most
important, what cents offsets did you use?
    The cents offsets is necessary to determine if  the whole
scale has merely been adjusted to produce A44x or if this
adjustment to A=0  inadvertently changes the "key center" from C
to A?