HT tests

Wed, 19 Mar 2003 19:42:59 +0100

Richard Moody wrote:

> Sometimes there are discrepancies between original cents and
> modern "adjustments".   I am curious to know which source you used
> for Ellis#4, if from Helmholtz, then which Ellis#4.  Most
> important, what cents offsets did you use?

I used the offsets posted on this list that we all aggreed on that I
should use. Ron Koval is useing that same set. It is consistant with the
RCT offsets.

>     The cents offsets is necessary to determine if  the whole
> scale has merely been adjusted to produce A44x or if this
> adjustment to A=0  inadvertently changes the "key center" from C
> to A?

What can I say... as far as RCT is capable of providing an adequate HT,
then this was tuned. It came out exactly the same thing when I compared
to my own manually created curves in TuneLab in which the offsets were
manually entered after the curve was constructed.   I am also going to
read in the Jorgensen book about this tuning if its there, and see if
there are good ear tests to confirm its correctness. But all in all... I
gotta think its at least close enough to serve the purpose for this
first little test we are doing.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne