A first/broken molding

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:19:16 EST

In a message dated 3/20/03 3:17:42 PM Pacific Standard Time,
sckline@attbi.com writes:

> While the glue trick is fun, and has gotten me out of a lot of tight spots,
> replacing the broken part is, of course, better. The glue trick is nice
> for sudden emergencies and obsolete parts, though. I use it quite often
> for little trifles, and every time when the glues turn warm and stick
> together like mad, I grin and giggle a little.

I did this with a hammer shank on a brand new Kemble upright.  The hard part
was getting it perfectly aligned.  It ended up being so straight, I left it
and didn't order a new part.  CA glue is truly miraculous.  Now if I could
only get this hammer shank off of my finger....<grimace>

Dave