FW: Re: Longterm future of piano business

Sat, 22 Mar 2003 18:35:55 +0100

David Love wrote:

>  I completely disagree with this cynical and pessimistic outlook.

And I dissagree with your niave and childishly optimistic outlook. At least
thats the kind of thing II should say in return for such a slant. You already
stated your point of view,  and a few others posted theirs. Most echoed your
sentiments, and few will echo mine. And so what ???

I see absolutly no reason whatsoever for such retorts as this. We each have our
opinions, and gave them as asked for. Nobody asked for or needs opinions about
other folks opinions.

> More likely the market will be dominated by manufacturers that can produce
> products of reasonable quality inexpensively--a continuation of the current
> trend.   These manufacturers will probably continue to produce a line of
> higher quality, so called "hand built" pianos which they will still be able
> to deliver for considerably less money than the other "boutique"
> manufacturers.  They will become more competitive in this part of the
> market as the public begins to accept the quality of these particular
> lines.   An electronic keyboard simply doesn't and won't compete in this
> market, in my opinion.

For my part.... and instead of getting all aggressive about it... I
respectfully , disagree.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.