Longterm future of piano business

Dave Davis davistunes@yahoo.com
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 23:02:40 -0800 (PST)

Richard,

The piano market is definitely worth watching.  None
of us will benefit from burying our heads in the sand.
 With some of the new digitals simulating the touch of
a real piano (including let-off and aftertouch), it's
hard to argue that they're not going to stay around.
I've been wanting one, like Hazen mentioned to
practice with headphones at night while the little one
is sleeping (shame on me <grin>).

As to experience, I can certainly hold my own with the
clientele I described, but still am still being
educated on the fine nuances of, say, concert prepping
a Steinway.  Thanks to Pianotech, and the friends I've
made locally in the PTG, I think my goals are
attainable.

Thanks for sharing.  There are e-mails I always read,
and yours are among those.

Respectfully,
Dave Davis

--- Richard Brekne <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
wrote:

> Well hey Dave, we all have our opinions and
> experiences, and hopefully by
> sharing these we all benifit. I know most techs
> think as you do on this
> matter. But I believe there is very good reason to
> be think otherwise.> As for your own level of
expertise.... me thinks you