Longterm future of piano business

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 21:50:21 -0700

on 3/22/03 9:28 AM, David Love at davidlovepianos@earthlink.net wrote:

> I completely disagree with this cynical and pessimistic outlook.   More
> likely the market will be dominated by manufacturers that can produce
> products of reasonable quality inexpensively--a continuation of the current
> trend.   These manufacturers will probably continue to produce a line of
> higher quality, so called "hand built" pianos which they will still be able
> to deliver for considerably less money than the other "boutique"
> manufacturers.  They will become more competitive in this part of the
> market as the public begins to accept the quality of these particular
> lines.   An electronic keyboard simply doesn't and won't compete in this
> market, in my opinion.
>
> David Love

Bravo.  I agree completely and totally with this.
I know dozens of wonderful professional piano players; many of them play
digital instruments a lot fo the time; they have no emotional relationship
with their slabs---but a tremendous & complex emotional bond with their
grand pianos.  That's just how it is. The human thirst for beautiful
acoustic sounds, directly from the air to their ear, will never diminish.
In my opinion. <g>

Mr. Brekne---I'm surprised, frankly, at your lack of faith and vision.
Really.

My best,
David Andersen