The Feel of Voice

Sun, 23 Mar 2003 23:51:29 +0100

Jonathan Finger wrote:

> Richard:
> It's interesting that you mention voicers employing such techniques.  I
> hadn't remembered it until you said it, but when I was at Schimmel,
> there was a Japanese gentleman doing QC there, who would do the final
> voicing by touch.  This was a technique he had used at Yamaha, and then
> at Schimmel.  I found it very interesting at the time, and hadn't even
> thought of it through this discussion until you mentioned the same
> thing.
>
> Jonathan Finger RPT
>
> ----

Some of the best voicers I know that say they employ this have heavy Yamaha
influence. Tho I have never heard of this from Schimmel. Schimmel is partly
owned (or was) by Yamaha tho so I suppose some Yamaha philosophy is seeping
in.

As far as Oslo Techs,,, pehaps you mean Jan Elefsen for one ? Did you meet a
Nils Henrik Jansen at Schimmel ? He is in Bergen now. In anycase I know many
of the techs in Oslo, so if there is anyone in particular you want to get in
contact with, drop me a private line at the address below and I will hunt
them down for you

Cheers

RicB

--