String Splicing pictures/Hazen

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 09:53:41 -0800

I finally got to see the photo/attachment on Hazen's string splice! Thanks
to a very kind Brian Lawson, clueing me into where to access it in the
archives![G]
The "knot" shown, is called a Sheetbend Knot. FYI there are THREE types of
knots that will work for string splicing: 1.Granny Knot: this is the one
that most techs use/know about. IMHO, it is the most difficult to do. 2.
Square Knot: Probably the easiest to do, but has the possibility for
extemporaneous buzzes, if used in the speaking length. Also, it can slip if
not pulled up correctly. 3. Sheetbend: a combination of the two previously
mentioned. Medium skill is required and will not slip.
Just a FYI thingee. Happy Monday! Hope to see some of you at the Pacific
NorthWest Regional Conference, starting this Thursday! (BTW, During that
time, I'll be away from the list, but not off of it, so please keep the BS
posts to a minimum.<G>)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)