strange action configuration in Sejung

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 02:37:53 EST

In a message dated 3/28/2003 11:29:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
Piannaman@aol.com writes:

>  the jack-stop rail is directly above he eyelets for the regulating buttons.
>  There is NO room to get the regulating tool in there.

Dave,

Sounds like a great annoyance, and as others have mentioned, some great old
American grands also suffered from this. Where you can't bend hangers, or
don't want to remove the rail: for touchup adjustments, I've gotten pretty
fast with needle-nose pliers. When the eye is facing me, I insert one jaw
(usually one, sometimes two; depends on the size of the eye and the pliers)
to turn it. When the eye is sideways, I just grab the adjustment screw
between the jaws and turn. It's at least as fast as the adjusting the
dowel-type letoff thingies.

Bob Davis